Warehouse management is the art of movement and storage of materials throughout the warehouse. Warehouse management monitors the progress of products through the warehouse. It involves the physical warehouse infrastructure, tracking systems, material handling and communication between product stations. Warehouse management deals with receipt, storage and movement of goods usually finished goods and includes functions like warehouse master record, item/ warehouse cross-reference lists and such things as on hand, allocated, transfers in process, transfer in process, transfer lead time, safety stock, fields for accumulating statistics by location.
Some of main functionalities are:
- Create one or more warehouses within one company.
- Creating and defining warehouse cells by article types.
- Booking in or out goods (manually or by scanners) with total tracebility of every activity.
- Automatic creation of purchase orders for booked items (invoice and delivery note connection).
- Printing of article labels and barcodes.
- Transferring articles between cells along with adequate reporting.
- Reports about articles and goods movement.
- Booking out material according to production plan.